Friday, July 30, 2010

Nightingale

Is it really the poet that composes poems, or is it the subject? As per my experience on that particular night, it was music that composed this poem. It merely used my mind and brain to process language and my hand to write down the words on a piece of paper. Thus, the poem belongs to this music, not to me.

Nightingale

Helplessly, I have drowned,
in self intoxication
I cannot see a way,
to break free,
nor have the intent
Lost among defilements, am I?
A heart that feels so heavy,
sighing, seemingly unending,
In my reminiscence,
I hear it playing,
perpetually, consuming me
It is no more the reality,
that I live in


Last week in this blog I posted a picture that belongs to some one else, although I started the blog with the intention of sharing my photography work. Today I am going to break the traditions again and post a piece of music in my 'hereafter so called' photoblog.

All the boundaries we know are created by our consciousness. In reality, every thing is just a result of conversion of other things. Matter and energy, in the universe as we know it, creates everything, and matter is convertible to energy and vice-versa. So, in that sense what is the difference between a photograph and a piece of music. They both are art. The way we perceive them, and the way they generate a sensation in our minds is the same. After all, it's our mind that creates everything we see, hear, smell, feel and dream.

With that somewhat controversial justification I am taking this opportunity to share a piece of mesmeric music. This track made me feel exactly the same as in the above poem, on that dark, peaceful night.

4 comments:

  1. Nice music makes u feel better...... :)
    love this piece of music by Yanni...... it really relax ur mind.... and think that u got such wonderful words because of that.....
    Nice piece of work sachira.....
    and thanks for refreshing my mind about old Yanni stuff......
    Keep it up.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed both the poem and music and both simply took me to supremacy. I love this piece of music. mmmmmm i feel it. you have such a "grand" taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting piece Sac. I've always believed that Art is an intuitive expression rather than a necessarily logical or intellectual one. Its a deeper connection with feeling, with energetic vibration...and like anything on Earth, each piece of art is interconnected, and interacts & dances with one another. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your compliments Sithara, Nadee and Asanji. I adore all your works of art as well.

    ReplyDelete