Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacancies...


Vacancies..., originally uploaded by Sachira.
On one fine autumn day, I saw these three benches along the riverside walkway calling for passersby to sit and rest on them. Finally, I was able to listen to their silent call and quench their thirst for company for a brief time.The Picture was taken at the walkway along the Brisbane river in Teneriffe, Queensland, Australia.

I never had any idea about where Teneriffe is or what is there to see until a new bus service, called "City Glider", started operating from where I live, West End, to Teneriffe Jetty. A ride on the bus during the first couple of weeks was free and I decided check out what Teneriffe was like.

Once I reached the final stop, at the jetty, I found a walkway along the riverside and immediately decided to explore it. The houses and apartments along the banks looked high-class and sophisticated. The walkway too was well maintained. There were many small size private jetties scattered along the river with yachts anchored to some of them.

I enjoyed my stroll along the walkway, all the while listening to some music. Even though it was midday, the autumn sun was not too hot and tiring. I sat on one of those benches under the shade of a tree and rested for a while. After all, I felt sorry for the lonely benches, there were not many travelers that day to keep them company.

You can see some more pictures I captured during the walk in this Facebook album.
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. This is something like a virtual tour. I am really enjoying this. pity dat i didnt visit ur blog a little earlier.anyway I think am not a late passenger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad my efforts are not in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of the benches! It's amazing that the area was so free from foot/boat traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Amaris. Yep, it was a weekday (at mid day too), so there were not many people walking. I only saw the city ferry on that part of the river that day.

    ReplyDelete