Saturday, May 29, 2010

The opposite bank


I took this picture of the Perth city center from the opposite bank of the Swan river. This is just one of many pictures I have captured of this city at night. I do not understand my own obsession on taking photos of Perth city at night. But, I think one reason must be that its a very pretty sight.

I think the authorities have given a careful thought to the aesthetics when planning the location of buildings in the city center. With tallest buildings concentrated towards the mid point, it adds an element of symmetry to the city skyline. On the other hand, Swan river always provides a reflective surface to enhance the beauty.

I remember clearly the summer night I took this photo. Me and a couple of my friends sat on the sand of the river bank, close to the Mill Point jetty, after an evening BBQ session. We were chatting about what we always used to chat, and then some one came up with the idea to create a tripod out of sand and capture the illuminated city on the far side. I manged to do it after a few failed attempts. This was the end product.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. the end product is magnificent indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naදී. Comments from viewers like you are the only (but highly appreciated) form of motivation to keep me going on.

    ReplyDelete